Sunday, January 29, 2012

iPhone 4S vs Blackberry - Something to think about

Umm..Okay..

There is no way for me to make this “1 article per month” blog challenge without having a break in between. My “1 article per month” blog challenge has been put on hold on the count of I have very important stuff to do (Assignments!!). Things have exactly been smooth for the past few weeks. All the assignments and presentation was completed either individual or grouping. Thanks to all cooperation that was given by lecturer and my friends.

So I went through my previous posts in this blog which is “Consumption of BlackBerry Smartphones”. And for the past few weeks I have been thinking what should I do for the next article. Then.. I decided to do this…


Anyway, that is SIRI! My new 'friend'..


I did mentioned last week that BlackBerry usage could bring to difficulties with stress, if there is a strong addiction on the device that is related with a failure to manage information, message, time demands and ergonomics factor as well. Therefore, in term of safety and health manner, I would like to suggest Apple iPhone 4S as a solution to the Blackberry Smartphones that could bring many difficulties. Here’s the explanation based on my experiences of using iPhone 4S..



Firstly, what is SIRI anyway? SIRI is the new features on iPhone 4S that lets user use their voice to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, play song and many more. Siri uses almost all the built-in applications on iPhone 4S. It writes and sends email messages and texts. Siri can be control by using earphones as well.

As we all know that the amount of people that have brain tumor and brain cancers that are caused by radiation from cell phones is increasing year by year. This is due to their negligence of spending a lot of their time on the phone (that is near to their head) to be exposed to the radiation from the cell phone. For that reason, SIRI could help to reduce the exposure to the radiation because SIRI lets user to send messages, set calendar, make calls from it’s a natural voice recognition. It can be use without place the phone near our head, otherwise use the headphone while driving without press any button to do such thing as text messaging, make calls, even find a destination to go.



SIRI is a good replacement for Blackberry’s great keyboard-based phone and messaging functions, such as speed dial, contact searching, and dashing off a quick e-mail. Siri is indeed a good replacement. For example, to call my friend I just hold the home button for a couple seconds, then say, “call Steve Jobs at Consist College” without even going past the lock screen. Thus, it should eliminate the ‘blackberry thumb’ issues or improper thumb postures that most Blackberry’s user might experienced before.

Did I make sense? I think I did. Trust me, eating berries would be good for our health, but not in the consumptions of Blackberries, it can be hazardous!. Think about it this way, the less time you spend talking on your smartphones, you’ll be saving your health and your ‘pocket’ (if you know what I mean).

Anyway, till then..

Ruzaini Haron.

"When you tell the truth, it becomes a part of your past.

When you lie, it becomes a part of your future"

No comments:

Post a Comment